Friday, March 28, 2008

Frugal Fridays

I love tea, especially iced tea. I can put away a gallon a day(or more in the summer). Everyone in my family knows I like tea and for gifts I receive some really expensive teas. The problem with expensive teas(besides the expensive factor) is they come very few to a box. I found I can stretch the tea by blending it with inexpensive bags(usually great value black tea). It takes a couple trial and error times to figure out what works best for your taste buds. Right now, I'm using 3 GV tea bags and 3 Hedley Black Tea bags for a gallon. Sometimes with more fruity flavors, I have to reduce the GV bags down to 2 and use 3-4 of the other. Not only does this stretch my GV bags from 16 gallons(using 6 bags) to 33 gallons(using 3 bags), but it also stretches the more expensive teas that usually come in boxes of less than 50 bags.

No comments: