Monday, March 3, 2008

Goals for March

1. Get my dryer fixed. The shut off switch doesn't work so as the Energizer Bunny commercial says, "It keeps going, and going, and going......" I get caught up in cleaning(okay, watching "How Clean is Your House") and forget it's running down in the basement. I could seriously cut back on the electric bill if it would shut off in a reasonable amount of time(not 2 hours later when I remember) Of course, I could save even more if I turned off the tv, but seeing how it is 25 degrees outside, that might have to be a summertime goal.

2. Do a massive clean out of the kid's room. Clothes, toys, and other things have got to go. My oldest changed her shirt 3 times this morning because her first 2 choices were too small. Thankfully, we have several children's resale shops here and I could hopefully make enough in exchange for warm weather clothes(if it ever does warm up here!).

3.Do some serious decluttering of everything. I have been gradually cleaning room by room, but they can all stand at least one more run through. I need to make my trashman earn his $13 a month! I'm sure I'm his least favorite stop after a week of cleaning, my roll away is always packed and there's several lawn and leaf bags stuffed to the tops sitting beside it.

4. Get our car sold. We are lucky that we haven't paid for the 3 vehicles we own but we only have 2 drivers and 3 car insurance payments a month(plus taxes and tags). We decided it was less costly to keep the trucks and sell the car.

5.Get a plan worked out so we can grow some more veggies this summer. Last year we did tomatoes, cauliflower, onions, carrots, and bell peppers and exchanged some of them for zuchinni from a friend of my mother in law. This year, we are going to try more tomatoes, zuchinni, peas, green beans, peppers(spicy and bell), sweet corn, lettuce, watermelon, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots and onions. Plus this year, I am adding herbs. Phew! Plus my hubby bought a peach tree to plant. (we had a bad ice storm last year and resulted in 4 trees dying in backyard, so we have more room now!) I guess by the end of summer I need to learn the fine art of canning to maximize our produce.

6. Learn to sew using my sewing machine. My mother in law gave it to me 3 years ago and it just sits there. The bad thing is, I don't think I can even thread the thing(embarrassing) I yearn to learn(lol) how to quilt and make matching outfits for my 2 girls(they are almost 11 and 14 months so I can't really find anything off the rack that matches)

7. Learn how to make some money while at home. I would really like to cover dance and martial arts(around $300 a month total) and possibly my photography and craft habits, but I wouldn't complain for a little more.

Not much, right? Hopefully, I can accomplish it all with what little of my sanity that I have left, lol.

1 comment:

Candace said...

April,
Good luck on all of your goals this month!
You'll have to keep us updated on how you are doing!
Candace