Sunday, March 2, 2008

Menu for March 3-9

Check out I'm an Organizing Junkie at http://orgjunkie.com/ for more menus!


Monday

Cinnamon toast, bananas
leftover grilled chicken and pasta salad
pork chops, baked potatoes, corn on the cob


Tuesday

boiled eggs, toast, grapes
grilled cheese, chips, strawberries
homemade chicken and rice soup, homemade bread


Wednesday
oatmeal, bananas
leftover soup, bread
hamburgers, homemade fries, green beans


Thursday
cereal, apples
pbj's using leftover hamburger buns, leftover green beans
tuna and noodle casserole, corn, biscuits


Friday
cinnamon toast, grapes
leftover casserole and biscuits
clean out frig/sandwich/ ramen noodles


Saturday
scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns, toast
ramen noodles with added shrimp, whatever fruit is in frig
pizza, salad


Sunday
homemade waffles, sausage
sandwiches/leftover pizza
spaghetti, garlic bread, salad


My menu's aren't set in stone on what day we eat, life happens and sometimes we have less time.
During the weekday, it's just me, baby girl and sometimes hubby(depends on what time he has to work) for breakfast. The older two like to eat at school, but in case we overslept or someone has a case of the poke alongs, I keep pop tarts and cereal bars in the cabinet.
Snacks are a must, the older 2 always come home starving, and the last week or 2, it seems they are even hungrier(my luck ,it's a growth spurt, and I just bought them 4 pairs of jeans each on clearance at Target) Baby Girl is a grazer and my son has been coming home and eating a sandwich and a bowl of oatmeal, then dinner, and then dessert. I bought/was given alot of yogurt, fruit roll ups, peanuts, oatmeal, ramen noodles, 2 boxes of cereal for $0.24 each, and cheese hoping this will curb their afternoon munchies.
I did some cabinet cleaning and found several cans of pumpkin and evaporated milk(and 2 pie crusts in the freezer) so I'm making 2 pumpkin pies for the week. I'm also going to make some chocolate chip cookies(3 dozen) and I'm going to attempt to make a pineapple upside down cake from scratch. Popcorn is also a dessert staple at our house(usually made into Kettle Corn, yummy). My mom gave us a box of Rice Krispies so next shopping trip I'll have to pick up some marshmallows to make rice krispie treats for next week

4 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

Your menu looks good. Isn't it nice when we get free food?
Blessings~
The Happy Housewife
http://happyhousewife.wordpress.com

Mommychicky said...

Tuna Noodle casserole... *sigh*, reminds me of my childhood. Too bad hubby hates tuna.

Thanks for sharing and have a great week.

My menu at Don't Eat Baby

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

Sounds good!

Welcome to Menu Plan Monday!


mine's up"

http://laurawilliamsmusings.blogspot.com/2008/03/menu-plan-monday-week-of-march-2nd.html

Bobbie said...

Welcome to MPM. Looks great! I love a bargin.