Friday, July 25, 2008

Recipe Swap

Gayle at The Grocery Cart Challenge is hosting a Friday recipe swap. This week: dinner. My son calls these Hamburger Nachos. I'm not sure what to call them, I made this dish when I worked at a daycare and had to feed 50 people(and most everyone loved it). It's a good dish to use up odds and ends of cheese and chips.


1 pound ground beef
16-24 slices American Cheese
1 small can diced tomatoes
Tortilla Chips


Brown ground beef. Drain. Place back in skillet on low heat. Add cheese slices(I break up into quarters so they melt faster). Keep stirring until all cheese is melted. Drain tomatoes and add to the mixture. Serve over chips


This is a great way to use up some cheese in the frig. There has been times when I just had a few slices of American cheese so I added in some Velveeta. These also work good over Nacho Chips :)


You can also use a fresh chopped tomato if you have one from the garden

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Thanks for posting. I love getting new ideas.

Leslie said...

Sounds good!

Melinda said...

That does sound good. I like this because of using sliced cheese instead of the expensive Velvetta. I'll have to give this a try! Thanks.