Monday, April 27, 2009

Swine flu...are you ready?




Swine flu. Fabulous. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, a possible pandemic emerges. I was trying to explain to my year old son last night what it was. He thought it meant everyone would sprout curly-q pink tails and "oink" all the time. Good thing I cleared that up.


Are we ready for this?

As a country, maybe. I was reading today that there wasn't large stockpile of the antivirals and the CDC hasn't started on a vaccine from the seed stock yet. I seriously need to stay off the 'net otherwise I'll need to stock up on antacids.


As individuals? This is when couponing like a maniac comes in handy. I pretty much have everything we would need to get through 2 weeks of containing ourselves in our home. I went today and got Baby Girl 2 more packs of diapers, and I'm going tomorrow to get big bags of cat and dog food, 2 big boxes of powdered milk, and a couple cases of water to start.

Oh, and maybe some more toilet paper.

It would be a serious tragedy if we ran out of that and had to use the poison ivy growing around 2 of our trees.
Ouch.


So break out the face masks and bleach! And for a chuckle, everytime someone says Swine Flu, let out an "Oink!"

No comments: