Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Baking Day Update


Phew! I'm tired! And my list is no where as big as most participants! It definitely doesn't help I was awake until 3am and got up at 7. I successfully managed 48 muffins this morning. 16 each of Strawberry, Blueberry, and Chocolate Chunk. I divided them 12 to a bag/4 of each type, 3 are frozen and 1 more is left for the crew to eat the rest of the week. That should give us a bag of muffins each week for the next month!


My chicken, onions, and green peppers are chopped, waiting to be turned into Chicken Tetrazzini later. I'm serving it tonight and then freezing half for later. I also trimmed up the rest of the bag of chicken and divided it up. 1 portion is frozen, the rest in the fridge to be turned into Mexican Chicken later this week.


Later on tonight, I'm dusting off the bread machine so I can whip up some buttery rolls tomorrow. Also tomorrow, 2 pumpkin pies. I'm taking them to my mil's Thanksgiving and I might as well get them cooked!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

I'm making pumpkin pie tomorrow, too! Can't decide whether to go ahead and make two since I'll have everything out anyway--do you freeze yours, and if so, do you bake it and then freeze it? How do they come out afterwards? Sorry for the questions, I bake and freeze stuff a lot, just have never frozen pies before.

April said...

i bake them, let cool, wrap in aluminum foil(the reynolds nonstick), place inside a gallon ziploc bag and freeze. I'm told(I dont like pumpkin pie) it tasted the same. Before serving , I thaw and warm in the oven!