Friday, October 7, 2011

My not so frugal-ness(what not to do!)


I have a bad habit. We tend to have several open bottles/packages of the same thing. I know, I know. Not a smart thing to do.



The mess on top on the fridge...4 open cereals, 3 bags open chips, 2 boxes open crackers, 3 open packs of cookies,  ahhh!!!


 2 bottle open syrup, sigh. I didn't bring out the 2 open bottles of Country Bob's or the 3 open bottles of soy sauce

3 open bags of potatoes(yes, this is totally my fault)

So, I combined 2 bottles of the soy sauce, hid the full one. And I combined 2 bags of the potatoes.The syrup will be taken care with french toast tomorrow morning. I combined 2 packs of the cookies(and I'll send one pack of them and a bag of cereal with the crew tomorrow when they spend the night at my mom's). I put up all unopened packages of chips, cereal, crackers, and syrup so the opened ones would be used first.

And the inside of the refrigerator isn't any better...I found 2 opened gallons of milk, 2 open containers of lettuce, and 2 open tubs of butter. ~sigh~

With several years of being frugal, this is definitely NOT how one should be! This just spoils food faster which is definitely not frugal!

2 comments:

Frugal in Florida said...

giggle. That made me laugh because that used to make me so aggravated! :) But now that the Boy is off to college, it's me & hubby that blame each other whent his happens (and I KNOW it's not me!)

kathleenbasi.com said...

Wow! That sounds like a consequence of distraction. I'm all sympathy! :)